5 Interesting Java Developer Jobs to Check Out
Java continues to be an important tool for developers more than 20 years after its creation. Regardless of industry, geography, or company size, Java know-how translates into great professional opportunities. Take a look at a few of the more interesting positions that are open right now.
TripAdvisor is looking for a software engineer to play a significant role in the development of a strategic new product initiative. While contributing to the product’s success, you will be expected to become proficient in the full stack: database, core data structures, server-side business logic and more. There is much to be designed, built and market tested that is brand new. TripAdvisor develops in Java and they run an Agile dev process.
- Solid grasp of core computer science principles: data structures, algorithms, database
- Experience in several areas of the ‘full stack’
- More than competent Java programming skill and facility with Linux
PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid for more than 210 million active account holders. The Java Developer will fill the role of software engineer as part of a 5-8 person scrum team and work in an Agile environment focused on both new product development and maintenance of existing systems.
- 7 years software development experience
- Extremely comfortable with Java and JUnit
As the Android Application Developer, you will use cutting edge mobile technologies to lead enterprise level data initiatives projects for CVS Health by designing and developing a mobile platform. In this exciting role, you will utilize Core Java, Hibernate, Springs, Multithreading concepts, REST API & SQL and on Android Mobile technologies like Android Studio, Android SDK, Gradle etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of development experience in the mobile space with hands on experience in Java, Android Studio, Android SDK, ADB, SQLite
- Experience in security & encryption framework
- Full mobile development life cycle knowledge
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. The Senior Software Engineer they seek will develop and assist with the implementation of an analytics backend to support the company’s slate of games, helping decide the direction of the code and architecture.
- 7 years of experience in software development
- Expertise with Java, Python or Scala
- Experience with Spring or Play framework and expertise with Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Impala or similar
Global finance company and investment banker, Goldman Sachs needs a Software Developer to help build solutions and develop systems that drive business and support financial markets. From automated trading systems to risk management techniques, data architectures and distributed computing platforms, company developers build and provide robust, scalable solutions for some of the most complex industry challenges.
- Experience programming in a compiled language like Java or C++
- Comfortable with core programming concepts and techniques
- Enjoys working with algorithms and data structures
If contract work is more your style – for now or always – you might also check out Upwork. The site offers nearly 1,000 different freelancing gigs for Java developers, from web and mobile app development projects to e-commerce support and QA and Testing needs. The global platform has many interesting opportunities for developers who are looking to build their resumes, supplement their income or live the freelance lifestyle.
Woz U will also help you find that dream opportunity – we provide free comprehensive career services to all our graduates, including resume and portfolio building and interview preparation. If this type of work sounds like your dream job but you lack the necessary skills, check out our Software Developer program that includes Java training.